Friday, May 21, 2010

When Good Intentions Go Bad

Last weekend I was in St. Louis with friends enjoying an Apple Pie Concrete at my favorite frozen custard location, Ted Drewes, on Chippewa Street. For those of you that have never been to Ted Drewes, please refer to the picture of this location - the crowd is an accurate depiction any night of the week and multiplies after a Cardinal baseball game. Anyway on my most recent visit, there was a small party bus parked on the street and we wondered who was out partying and making this awesome pit stop? Turns out to have been a bunch of kids no older than 10 or 12 chaperoned by one of the kids parents and a friend. How nice of them to take the kids and their friends out right? Well it quickly became blatantly obvious who the bus was actually for....the wasted adults, drinks in hand. One of the parents thought it would be a hoot to jump into someones convertible in the parking lot while a friend took her picture all the while a child was saying "mom that's not your car!" Really makes me wonder how some people get to be parents. And if I happened to be one of the children's parents this mom was supposed to be supervising also out for some frozen custard, I don't know what I would have done! It's unbelievable that this mother didn't seem to care what kind of message this was portraying to the children, most of which weren't hers...

No comments:

Post a Comment