Friday, May 21, 2010

Quotes I've Enjoyed Recently

*Excerpt from an article in the May 2010 Oprah magazine on yourself and relationships:
"Your relationships with others reflect your relationship with yourself, wherever you may be in your personal development.
The key to meaningful connections with the people in your life is making yourself whole by honoring your body, mind, and spirit, filling the voids that cause you not to love yourself. You can't give love if you don't have it. And you can't receive (or even perceive) it because you won't recognize it when it shows up. You've got to care for yourself in order to be able to care for others."
-Oprah

*Quote used at the end of one of my favorite shows:
"If I am what I have and if I lose what I have who then am I?"
-Erich Fromm

*Written to me in a card and very applicable in my life:
"Life throws us many turns and curves, bend with them and you will come out smiling"
-Dad & Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment