Lately I've had some trouble figuring out what to do with my free time so I thought it would be a good idea to take the Self Directed Search. It is a questionnaire that helps you find the career which best matches your interests and abilities...I would translate the result into a volunteer opportunity perhaps or a part-time job. It also gives you a listing of hobbies you might enjoy. The theory is that there are 6 groups which people can be loosely classified into:
Realistic-likes to work with things more than people.
Investigative-likes to explore and understand things or events, rather than persuade others or sell them things.
Artistic-likes to work with creative ideas and self-expression more than routines and rules.
Social-likes to help, teach, and counsel people more than engage in mechanical or technical activity.
Enterprising-like to persuade or direct others more than work on scientific or complicated topics.
Conventional-likes to follow orderly routines and meet clear standards, avoiding work that does not have clear directions.
So 20 minutes later my results appear:
The three groups that best fit me in order of most to least were conventional, social and enterprising. The top career that might interest me...systems accountant...types of hobbies I might enjoy-playing card games and the collection of random items like souvenir spoons...I believe this is where the saying FML comes in handy.
Realistic-likes to work with things more than people.
Investigative-likes to explore and understand things or events, rather than persuade others or sell them things.
Artistic-likes to work with creative ideas and self-expression more than routines and rules.
Social-likes to help, teach, and counsel people more than engage in mechanical or technical activity.
Enterprising-like to persuade or direct others more than work on scientific or complicated topics.
Conventional-likes to follow orderly routines and meet clear standards, avoiding work that does not have clear directions.
So 20 minutes later my results appear:
The three groups that best fit me in order of most to least were conventional, social and enterprising. The top career that might interest me...systems accountant...types of hobbies I might enjoy-playing card games and the collection of random items like souvenir spoons...I believe this is where the saying FML comes in handy.

I'd sure say collecting spoons is sure no way to have fun, but to each is own. Where do I find this quiz?
ReplyDeleteHaha don't worry...I'm not taking up a spoon collectin anytime soon! The test is at: http://www.self-directed-search.com/
ReplyDelete