Sunday, September 11, 2011

9.11

This year marks the 10th anniversary of 9.11. At the time, I had just started college at UM. My suite-mate Melissa came into my room and told my roommate and I to turn on the news. We saw one of the twin towers was ablaze. Glued to the TV we all watched as the second plane hit the towers. I remember thinking this couldn't really be happening. I called my best friend Jackie to make sure her dad was ok (he worked in the city) and she was hysterical; away at college as well, she couldn't reach him. That was the last time I got in touch with her for a while because then the towers crumbled and the phone lines were no longer working. Classes were cancelled. TV's were set up in the common areas of the dorms and there were students everywhere glued to the news coverage. I felt so far away from my family and friends. What happened was unimaginable. Still today, every time I watch something about 9.11 I can't help but tear up.
Where were you, what's your story? Feel free to share in the comment section.

No comments:

Post a Comment